Lawyers And Mediators
WE FILL THE GAP…
With financial expertise for your divorcing client
Not all issues surrounding divorce are legal ones.
The needs and wants of clients in legal proceedings may be the number one concern for lawyers, but the fact is divorces today are more complicated than ever because both parties have interests in significant financial assets – from retirement savings and investments in the stock market to work pension plans and real estate.
Without thorough, expert financial analysis researching possible consequences of asset division, it's impossible for both parties to assess the fairness of a settlement.
Our Certified Divorce Financial Analysts (CDFA™) and Chartered Financial Divorce Specialists (CFDS) can provide essential financial expertise to your legal team. Our training has given us a firm understanding of how the moving pieces of taxation, day-to-day household finance, retirement planning and family law must work together in unison to arrive at a satisfying settlement for your clients.
- Divorce has its own, unique financial challenges.
- Every decision can have profound effects that last a lifetime.
- Untangling real estate, pensions and other assets require expertise.
- CFDSs and CDFAs can help your clients achieve the clarity they need to make decisions that will impact the rest of their lives.
Our services include:
- Research and organize clients’ financial information for presentation.
- Review and document estimated expenses for clients.
- Evaluate real estate, pensions, registered assets and other assets.
- Provide tax analysis, projecting how financial decisions may increase or ease future tax burdens your clients may face.
- Calculate and analyze assets and earnings of both parties to provide accurate near- and long-term financial forecasts for client needs.
- Provide expert testimony on financial analysis.
- Support clients and educate them on financial issues.
- Evaluate the financial outcomes of settlements proposed by either party, verifying short, medium and long-term financial numbers and their effects on clients’ finances.
We work closely with...
Family law lawyers adding value to the services they provide for their clients. As CDFAs, we are constantly upgrading our knowledge to keep up with the evolving nature to both family law and taxation rules. We have a comprehensive understanding of the value of financial forecasting's role in helping clients realize the best outcomes for themselves and their dependents in divorce settlements.
Empowered Divorce Solutions will help your legal team prepare detailed, complex financial plans that your clients can understand. Comprehensive divorce financial analysis can help reduce liability by providing clarity on money – related facts and figures while supporting your client's case in the eyes of the court.
Able to support your client's financial needs with verified research, hard numbers and powerful case exhibits, bolstered with spreadsheets, graphs and charts, Empowered Divorce Solutions can help your clients understand their bottom line and work toward a fair settlement that addresses their financial needs.